What You’ll Do
CREATE | As the Marketing Design Specialist, you bring CTC’s brand, values, culture, and content to life through jaw-dropping visuals. You ideate, design, and elevate every aspect of CTC’s public-facing brand to drive the funnel, expand the reach, and maintain brand integrity. You negotiate realistic and effective deadlines, stick to your word, and deliver.
COLLABORATE | In tandem with the marketing department, you walk with, draw upon, and source material from other teams — most notably, client success, sales, and operations. Process is an integral part of success. You maintain clear and consistent naming conventions, file management, and version control. You make the discoverability and sharing of internal assets an easy delight.
ASPIRE | With your drive to become the master of your craft, you tackle every challenge with a smile on your face. You are constantly learning and honing your skills, staying aware of the latest design trends, and innovating the newest ways to use them to their fullest potential. You make a direct impact on CTC’s business and hold a near-maniacal attention to detail, a servant’s spirit, and a ruthless love of creating the best f****** content on the Internet (period).
What Success Looks Like
- Create, source, and finalize graphics across: blog posts, social media, display ads, email banners, sales collateral, and data visualizations that meet brand aesthetic.
- Ideation and production of assets through Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator & Photoshop), and Sketch. Stay actively engaged in a remote environment by being a master of Slack and Zoom. You frequently check in with your marketing team members to ensure your designs appropriately align with messaging.
- You’re an expert at keeping on your toes, nimbly navigating your daily tasks with enthusiasm. Create, finalize, and organize assets for external publication as well as internal access.
- Embed yourself relationally and tactically within the larger organization to rapidly source ideas, examples, data, and client success.
You’ll learn about CTC’s mission, values, and culture by asking questions and engaging. You’ll become an active member of your team and the entire company.
- Mastery of the CTC brand guidelines and templates (both internal and external) with the skill to expand and creatively stretch those guidelines without breaking them.
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- 1-3 years of visual design experience. Skilled in using Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe Creative Suite (experience using Premiere, After Effects, Lightroom, and Sketch a plus).
- Experience in presentation tools (Keynote, Google Slides, etc.). Experience in ASANA or relevant project management software.
- Enjoy a good design challenge. Take complex ideas, and craft them into simple, clear ideas and a visually appealing story.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in asking clarifying questions especially when direction is vague and an understanding that tides can change, with the ability to raise a hand when help is needed.
- Strong understanding of design principles and technical industry standards for digital design and production.
- Ability to execute on, organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with great attention to detail.
- A desire to take risks and think outside the box.
What We’re About
We’re storytellers, buyers, builders, designers, coaches, partners, leaders, entrepreneurs of our own lives, and in our hearts, we at the Common Thread Collective (CTC), are dreamers.
With an untraditional take on marketing, CTC is a digital sales agency aimed at helping entrepreneurs of all stripes achieve their dreams.
A job is a job is a job. At CTC we don’t hire you for a job. We believe careers are a catalyst for your future self - because we’re not just interested in who you are, but in who you want to be. Come sell stuff online, tell stories, build websites, shape brands, create process, scale accounts, and help fellow entrepreneurs turn their dreams into reality.
We’ll come alongside you and care for you in your pursuits by offering full-time CTC entrepreneurs:
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits that fit your lifestyle and goals
- 401k program with a 3% company match (post 90 days employment) to bring out the investor inside you
- 4 weeks of paid time off on top of Holidays, your Birthday and the week of Christmas paid. Go get your R&R on so when you’re at CTC you’re firing on all cylinders
- A wellness reimbursement program that inspires 360 degrees of health: mentally, physically, and spiritually
- Two monthly sessions to tell a mental health guide your dreams as an entrepreneur in our Tell Me Your Dreams (TMYD) program. To top it off, we provide you with resources to realize your dreams through our Dream Fund
To be considered, please provide us with a cover letter on why you are interested in working at Common Thread Collective along with your resume. Click below, or send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Marketing Design Specialist Position' in your subject line to apply.