What You’ll Do
CREATE | You’re the Peggy Olsen of your team, floating into pitch presentations and blowing clients away with the power, novelty, and strategic elegance of your creative concepts—after you’ve done the same with your team. You are the creative director of your team: measure twice, cut once. As creative director, Your dedication to detail and vision enable you to support or defend your ad concepts and briefs, position or idea in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner. This means your clients, your team, and (especially) yourself. You will pitch relevant concepts, write briefs, and communicate to clients and your team with confidence. Your years of creative experience helps enable your Multimedia Designer / production teams to seamlessly bring your ideas to life.
ANALYZE | Measure twice, cut once. Creative problem solving starts with a deep understanding of historical data, current ecommerce trends, and consumer behavior to develop winning strategies that impact your client's growth. You’re Neo, navigating your way through the Matrix of Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, and Shopify data. You will develop creative hypotheses and tests with the intention of moving the needle on key performance metrics — from increasing CTR and average watch time on ads to planning omnichannel creative campaigns during acceleration opportunities, the nature of your role entails both visibility into consumer behavior and the power to make creative that drives measurable action.
COMMUNICATE | You sow the seed of your ideas by leading and facilitating quarterly marketing calendar design meetings with clients, as well as project manage the production of ads to optimize for maximum account growth. Your years of creative experience helps enable your Multimedia Designer / production teams to seamlessly bring your ideas to life. You effectively collaborate with your team and clients to bridge the gap between brand, tactics, data, and design. You’re a master at communicating in a clear and concise manner, highlighting key performance takeaways and insights.
What Success Looks Like
- Take responsibility for client satisfaction on all creative services. You strategically work on planning, developing, and executing advertising campaigns. You test and optimize your strategies, creatives, and processes.
- You effectively communicate a clear hypothesis and objective to both your team and clients. While upholding your client’s design and creative standards, you will contribute to the overall growth of their business through creative execution. This includes being able to provide thoughtful, clear and constructive criticism to your multimedia designer when needed.
- You masterfully read the Zoom room and lean on your interpersonal skills to display a level of cultured care for your clients. You guide their growth team experience and are judicious in setting creative priorities. You make sure ads, reports, projects, etc. remain on track and will be executed on time. Time management is key. In addition, you will find ways to give additional support - leverage outside assistance, freelancers, copywriters, and production partners as needed.
- You’ll develop a team rhythm and culture that wins each client’s trust. You’ll have a clear understanding of client’s performance goals and develop a strategic roadmap through the rest of the year.
- You will effortlessly brief 1-2 studio shoots according to each clients’ contract. You will analyze and report on creative performance monthly for each client. Your ads will be amongst the highest drivers of ROAS and efficiency in the accounts.
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- B.A. or B.S. in advertising, marketing, graphic design, communications, journalism or relevant work experience.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience creating and executing big ideas at an agency (external or internal) focused on ecommerce brands.
- Creative production management experience, managing multiple projects simultaneously. Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, Google Suite, Shopify or similar ecommerce platforms, Facebook Ads Manager, and Google Analytics/Ads.
- A passion for entertainment, books, music, art, games, sports — in short, a love of life. An understanding of current and future design trends — you know what’ll be in before it’s in, and what’ll be out before it’s out.
- Must have a unique combination of humility (willing to do the dirty work) and ambition (vision for what your future holds). Skilled in ASANA or relevant project management software preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with great attention to detail.
- Ability to complete short-term and long-term goals in a proper manner. An insatiable curiosity, and an inability to leave a problem alone until you’ve found one or many different potential solutions.
- A desire to take risks — but only after carefully examining the calculus and determining that your chosen course of action is most effective.
What We’re About
We’re storytellers, buyers, builders, designers, coaches, partners, leaders, entrepreneurs of our own lives, and in our hearts, we at the Common Thread Collective (CTC), are dreamers.
With an untraditional take on marketing, CTC is an ecommerce growth agency helping entrepreneurs achieve their dreams.
A job is a job is a job. At CTC we don’t hire you for a job. We believe careers are a catalyst for your future self — because we’re not just interested in who you are, but in who you want to be.
Come sell stuff online, tell stories, build websites, shape brands, create processes, scale accounts, and help fellow entrepreneurs turn their dreams into reality.
We’ll come alongside you and care for you in your pursuits by offering full-time CTC entrepreneurs:
- ESOP | An agency by the people for the people. CTC offers an Employee Stock Ownership [ESOP] program where 80% of the company will be employee owned by 2023. This stock is on top of 401k investment with an estimated* 45% higher earning potential than other agencies.
- 401k | program with a 3% company match (post 90 days employment) to bring out the investor inside you
- PTO | 4 weeks of paid time off on top of Holidays, your Birthday, Cultural Identity Celebration day, and the week of Christmas paid. Go get your R&R on so when you’re at CTC you’re firing on all cylinders
- MEDICAL | Full health, dental, and vision benefits that fit your lifestyle and goals
- WELLNESS | A wellness reimbursement program that inspires 360 degrees of health: mentally, physically, and spiritually
- TMYD | Access to our Tell Me Your Dreams (TMYD) program where you explore life beyond what’s in front of you with a certified mental health coach. Maybe you’ll dream for the first time, we’re here for it. To top it off, if you opt in, we provide you with resources to realize your dreams through our Dream Fund
- ERGs | At CTC a core value is to Embrace I.D.E.A. [inclusion, diversity, equity, access] and that is lived in through Employee Resource Groups [ERGs] where you can come as you are, and see yourself reflected back at you.
*NOTE: ESOP estimates are based on total earning potential over the course of vesting shares and not a guarantee.
CTC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We Embrace I.D.E.A. and are committed to fostering a culture of performance and inclusivity.
To be considered, please provide us with a cover letter on why you are interested in working at CTC along with your resume. Click below, or send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Creative Strategist Position' in your subject line to apply.